Do you ever think about what you want to do when you grow up, what you will ‘be’?
As the closing of half a century looms it clicks that that question may forever go unanswered, but that each small action of our day is a little pixel that builds the big picture.
On this blog I share some of those little pixels of my life:
- Recipes that I make on my daily journey cooking for our family of six, two of whom are vegetarian.
- New things that I learn to make like soap, non-toxic cleaners in my efforts to move to a more sustainable household.
- Old stuff that’s recycled into new stuff – ideally keeping it’s material integrity so it can still be recycled after.
- And lots of delicious sweet stuff that’s a little less sinful to keep my very sweet tooth happy.
Heres ten more things about me:
- I live in Ireland of the lush green pastures, king of the food producers and modern residence of Luke Skywalker – who would have thought, but welcome!
- I LOVE coffee – but only good coffee.
- My kitchen is TINY, but my small appliances are top quality and last a lifetime.
- My favourite cookbooks are all published by the same company, I was surprised to see that.
- I lose interest fast, so I set myself projects & experiments to make the mundane into quantifiable challenges.
- I’m inspired by the current trend for less and it’s promise for more. Inside I’m a minimalist, zero waste hybrid. Outside, I’m fighting a constant war on our household waste and trying to buy less.
- I’m convinced the human assault on the environment is detrimental and needs to stop.
- I’ve got a 17 year sideline in campaigning, to keep a hazardous waste incinerator from the shores of Cork Harbour and to promote circular economic solutions instead. Its a lot of pixels.
- I think WordPress rocks, but the famous five-minute-install should come with a disclaimer, there are easier ways.
- WordPress & Genesis Framework are my dream team. If you want to build a website, I write about that here.