Salt Caramel Cashew Frappachino
Serves: 2 servings
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 or 3 dried figs (or medjool dates)
- 1 cup boiled water
- 2 inch vanilla pod
- ¼ teasp salt caramel essence
- Double shot of espresso coffee (decaf works great too)
- 1 cups cold water
- Soak the cashews and dates in the water for a few hours, until soft.
- Add the scraped seeds from the vanilla pod (use ½ teasp essence if you don't have pods handy).
- Put all ingredients, including the water in which the cashews were soaking into a blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy.
Figs work just as well in this recipe, and if you like a super-cold drink, add a few ice cubes in to the blender just before the last pulse.